TANELA AUTO & TRUCK, Schaumburg, IL
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Welcome to Tanela Auto & Truck Repair in Schaumburg, IL 60193
From the Owner
I started in the auto shop industry when I was just in my teens. From the age of 16, I worked as a mechanic manager at several gas stations. By 18 I was a certified technician.
On June 22, 1978 my first gas station/repair shop opened in Mundelein, IL. Quite an accomplishment for being only 28 years old! I have since owned 5 gas stations with service bays, and also owned a towing company for several years.
In 2008, I moved to my current location in Schaumburg, IL. Tanela Auto & Truck is a 3,000 square foot location with 3 lifts. We have 3 full-time technicians, one of which is We are proud to be able to repair and maintain all makes and models. From basic automotive maintenance like an oil change, to more complicated problems like full engine replacements, my staff can service it all!
We are also proud to service and maintain many fleet lines. USPS mail trucks from 6 local towns come to Tanela for their automotive maintenance needs. In total, this is around 350 light trucks!
“Honest Repairs and Fair Prices Since 1978” is not just our slogan. It’s a true statement of our shop. Honesty is our policy. I have been in business in the northwest suburbs for over 30 years, and that is what keeps my business so successful.
The staff and I get to know our customers by name, work with you to keep your cars on the road as long as possible, and are here to help you in any way we can! Give us a call, we look forward to hearing from you!
Bob Horel, Owner
The Staff at Tanela Auto & Truck Repair
- Born 5/4/1950
- 47 years experience, 35 years in business
- Hobby’s are fine dining, travel, volunteer at church, reading, love football
- Married 40 years, 2 daughters 1 grand daughter
- Interests are travel, politics, US history
- ASE certified in brakes and shop management
- Specialty is management
- Future plans are getting my daughters through college and travel
- Previous experience as a master technician and managing several locations
- Born in Italy 6/16/1962
- 37 years experience
- Likes sports, Chicago bears
- Married with 3 kids
- Main interest is his family
- ASE certified since 1980
- Specialties are engine repair and engine performance
- Future plans are to keep on working to support his family
- Past experience is working at European dealerships on Ferrari, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lamborgini.
- Antonio speaks fluent Spanish and Italian
Buffalo, NY 17000